VNIIZHT celebrates its 103rd birthday on April 18, 2021
JSC VNIIZHT (Railway Research Institute) is the largest Russian scientific and research center in the field of creation of innovative and digital railway solutions, R&D activities as well as testing of railway infrastructure elements and rolling stock.
Today, JSC VNIIZHT has 103 years of experience, 1265 employees (27 Doctors of sciences, 125 Candidates of sciences), 18 scientific and research centers, 5 regional branches and 10 scientific schools.
Research areas of activity include:
- Development of the Russian Navy, carrying capacity of the Baikal-Amur Mainline and the Trans-Siberian Railway
- Innovative rolling stock, assemblies and systems
- Wheel–rail interaction management
- Introduction of digital twin technology
- Alternative energy and energy saving technologies
- Adaptive and intelligent traffic management systems
- Increase in infrastructure expected life and its and diagnostics and much more.
The Testing Center of VNIIZHT has unique conditions for testing new and existing railway machinery on the 1520-gauge space:
- Static and laboratory tests
- Test Loop (speed up to 140 km/h)
- High Speed Test Site (speed up to 250 km/h)
- Tests on operating lines
More than 150 top companies of the railway industry from Russia, the CIS, the Baltic States, Europe, Asia, and other regions of the world are partners of the Institute.
From August 26 to 27, 2021, I International Conference "Research 1520 VNIIZHT: Look beyond the horizons" will take place within the frames of the main rail exhibition in the area 1520 “PRO//Motion.Expo”. It will consist of six key topics. Read more about the conference and the registration procedure on the website www.research1520.ru http://www.research1520.ru/